Thanks to the artists
Finally got up at 7:00 AM today. Hopefully will stick to that schedule.
Before coming to US, I was a total stranger to English music. My favourites that time were mainly old Hindi songs from Anand, Amar Prem, and the likes. The only English songs that I knew were from The Sound of Music. The main problem with English music was that it was fast paced and I could hardly understand the words. However, now I can both understand the lyrics and take the loud/fast music. And I have to agree, the variety is much more than Hindi. Now I listen to English songs most of the time. I do have a TV now, but I have spent the last 2 years with no TV and music was my main source of entertainment, and remains that today. I remember that at UIUC I regularly used to spend about an hour in the evening just listening to music to freshen up. I haven't stopped listening to Hindi songs (a good song forever remains a good song) but my playing list is populated by mostly English music.
Right now, my list has:
Before coming to US, I was a total stranger to English music. My favourites that time were mainly old Hindi songs from Anand, Amar Prem, and the likes. The only English songs that I knew were from The Sound of Music. The main problem with English music was that it was fast paced and I could hardly understand the words. However, now I can both understand the lyrics and take the loud/fast music. And I have to agree, the variety is much more than Hindi. Now I listen to English songs most of the time. I do have a TV now, but I have spent the last 2 years with no TV and music was my main source of entertainment, and remains that today. I remember that at UIUC I regularly used to spend about an hour in the evening just listening to music to freshen up. I haven't stopped listening to Hindi songs (a good song forever remains a good song) but my playing list is populated by mostly English music.
Right now, my list has:
- Shania Twain - Party for two
- Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip
- Michael Learns to Rock - Digging your love
- Michael Learns to Rock - You took my heart away
- Michael Learns to Rock - Tell it to your heart
- Lakshya - Lakshya
- Dil Chahta Hai - Dil Chahta Hai
- Bon Jovi - Its my life
- Tu Theva Tashi (Marathi)
Time to go to sleep...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home