Saturday, July 30, 2005

What am I upto...

Haven't written anything for a while now, because nothing interesting has really happened. Here's an assortment of things:
  • Backpacking: June month end weekend, Aditya (aka www.poptechnologist.com) proposed a backpacking trip to the Sierra. I haven't been around much, not even to Yosemite, so this was a great opportunity to explore the California wilderness. We started at the Mono lake camp site (which is north-east of Yosemite) and hiked till somewhere between Barney and Crown lake, where we decided to camp at night. It was though to carry a 25 pound backpack, but manageable. We were planning to do some more hiking the next day, but to be frank, I didn't get much sleep in the sleeping bag (I was feeling a bit claustrophobic, but I guess its okay once you get used to it) and with bathing and other things not taken care of, I wasn't in the mood to sweat it out more. Anyway, one of the fellows got injured, so we had to curb our hiking plans and we started our return journed first thing in the morning. All in all, it was a great experience, and I surely intend to do it more. I also got my own backpack and a tent, courtsey of my brother-in-law.
  • Reading: Read Irving Wallace's The R Document, and Leon Uris' Topaz. Both are good books, stuff that I like to read.
  • Listening: A few months back, a friend at work had asked me whether I was interested in attending a concert. My reply was, "I am not into that kind of music". However, some time back I listened to one of Yanni's songs, and yes, the music is truely great. You need to be a little patient till the song takes it main course. I haven't heard many of his songs, but the ones I like are On Sacred Ground, Aria, Chariots Of Fire, and a truely amazing score Nightingale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home