Sunday, April 17, 2005

Hiking at Henry W. Coe State Park

Today, the Dest_Hikers group hiked at this beautiful park near Gilroy (about an hour's drive from Santa Clara). Out hike leader was Aditya, and fellow hikers were me, Amita, Aneesh, and his wife. It was pretty much flat trail and the weather was gorgeous, so the hike was an easy one. The highlight of the trail we followed (the Hunting Hollow trail) was nice wildflowers (see pictures below) and many creeks to cross (about 7-8 I guess). I wanted to do the not-so-flat trail, but others were not interested. And I fearlessly decided to head into the creeks and got all my socks wet, which isn't pretty afterwards :) Anyway, that seemed like a good trail to start off-road biking. Also, there were many families with kids. All in all, a nice warm-up hike after the recent hiatus. There are still so many trails to explore, and so less weekends...

Here are some pictures from the hike:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home