Monte Bello
Yesterday, I hiked at Monte Bello Open Space Preserve with a group of about a dozen people from Bay_Area_Hiking group. Lakshmi, who had organized this hike, failed to show up in time, so another guy who had done this hike before led the hike. This is another place where you get nice views of mountains after just a short stroll (good place to take your parents/guests to). A problem that I have encountered for the last 3-4 hikes is picking up something for lunch. Initially, I used to pick up a turkey sandwich from Albertsons Deli, but a few days back they stopped preparing them. Subway opens at 9:00 AM, not in time for most of the hikes. I need to find a good place like to deli or a coffee shop where I can find something in the morning.
Anyway, the hike was an easy one. We went to the Black Mountain (the same one that's at the south of Rancho San Antonio) and back. Again, I heard good recommendation about the Stanford Outing Club from someone, so I'll do a hike with them soon (seems they do longer hike like 10-12 miles, which I would like to do once in a while).
Now listening: Let go by 'Frou Frou' (Garden State OST)
Anyway, the hike was an easy one. We went to the Black Mountain (the same one that's at the south of Rancho San Antonio) and back. Again, I heard good recommendation about the Stanford Outing Club from someone, so I'll do a hike with them soon (seems they do longer hike like 10-12 miles, which I would like to do once in a while).
Now listening: Let go by 'Frou Frou' (Garden State OST)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home