Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Rainy weekend

The long weekend turned out to be a boring one because it was raining heavily. It was cold outside and hence no hikes were planned, inspite of a three day holiday. But that's not completely true. On Saturday and Sunday, I observed that its generally clear with decent sunshine in the morning, and it usually starts raining somewhere around 4:00 PM. Observing the pattern, on Monday, I decided to head out and do something. So I did a "city hike", a 10.2 mile walk from my home to the intersection of Fremont Ave and Foothill Expy. Started at 11:30 and was back at 2:10, well in time before the rain. And in the process "touched" 4 cities, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, and Los Altos. Actually it was not a hike strictly, because I also tried to jog in between. I guess the jogging distance/walking distance ratio was approx 1/3.

Finally finished The Negotiator, by Frederick Forsyth, and started A Case of Need, by Michael Crichton. Biking has been down because of the rain, but hopefully it will be clear weather by the beginning of March, and hikes/bikes and walks will pick up. Also cooked at home after many days. Okay, I'll finish my babble now. Good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home