Sunday, February 06, 2005

Things to get

Two things that I plan to purchase, given that I want to try to go to the office on the bike more often: A LED head light, and an IllumiNITE reflective jacket.

(7th Feb, 9:30 PM)
Today, after work, I decided to get the above things. The IllimiNITE jacket uses special fabric for shoulders that glows in the dark when light falls on it. I read a few websites that said how important it was to be visible in the dark when riding a bike, even when driving on the side walks. I had come home from office twice without any headlight or reflective clothes, and realized how risky and dangerous it was. Anyway, the Illuminite jacket is not available in normal stores like Sportmart or Target. After a little search on the net, I found a bike shop, Performance Bicycles, in Fremont that had a sale going on. So I decided to head to Fremont (40 minutes drive from my office). I am usually not good at finding places I have not been to before, but this time, I was able to reach there in time. I got the jacket for about 45$, and I also got rechargable LED headlights (for about 30$). With these, I will be now able to ride more safely at night. Plus the jacket is really thin, so it can also be used for say jogging, if some day in future I decide to jog. Anyway, I believe this is a good investment. I have also ordered reflective tapes (from an online website) which I will stick all over my bike and helmet. That way, I'll be totally visible and will feel much more comfortable riding at night time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home