Thursday, January 27, 2005

Music to go

Apple's iPod seems to the ubiquitous personal music player, and the new iPod shuffle has a 4 month waiting period. I always wanted a small music player, something that can fit in my pockets and is not too heavy. iPod seems to be a good choice with lots of storage. But its quite expensive (~$350). There are other options too, and I finally settled for Creative MuVo. And I am completely satisfied. The sound is flawless and it requires just 1 AAA battery. Plus its very light and with 512 MB memory, it can comfortably hold you current "working set" of songs.

While with Vinay on the Vegas trip, I saw a very useful piece of equipment that can play songs from your music player in your car. My Camry does not have a CD player, and this "CD to cassette" converter connects to the headphone output of your player, and the other side is an audio cassette shaped thing that you put into the cassette player of the car, and voila, your music is now playing in the car. I definitely want that thing (its like 10 bucks), but I found out that my cassette player in the car is not working. I can get that fixed (no idea how much it will cost), but I spend only 30 minutes per day in commute. So I have been putting it off. May be after some more days, or maybe I will just get a new car after 4-5 years.

Some new songs I picked up in the last few days:


  • Enya - Only time (from Sweet November)

  • Enya - May it be (from Lord of the Rings)

    • (I liked Enya's songs particularly because of the calm, soothing music)

  • John Denver - Country Roads

  • Keith Urban - Days go by

And did you notice the time? I am awake (and no, I did not pull an all-nighter).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home