Whats up?
Haven't written anything for some time now...the usual things continue: you decide to get up early but can't make it, you get assigned to a new project about which you know nothing and you spend a lot of time figuring out small things, work is dull and interesting...
Anyway, despite the cold winter that Californians are not used to, outdoor activities continue here. I am really amazed about how active these people are. Rain or shine, they go hiking, biking, backpacking and many more things. As for me, I am trying to ingrain that culture in my lifestyle. Last week, there was a hike at Mount Diablo State Park in Walnut Creek (about 40 minutes drive from my home). I had planned to go there. Got up at 7:30 and had enough time to make to the hike which was scheduled to start at 11:30. Thinking so, I took it much too easily. I surfed the web for an hour, and then spent some time figuring out the route. I started in time at 10:00, but on my way I got lost. First I missed the exit to Walnut creek on I-680, then I took a wrong turn. Finally I was on the final street and in the right direction. But again I had trouble finding the place. Finally I reached there at 12:00. From the trailhead, I could see the group at some distance. I thought I could catch up with them if I walk fast. But then, I was not familiar with the trail, so I again took some wrong turns. After some time, I gave up trying to find the group and decided the do the hike on my own (fortunately I had the trail map). The place is really nice, with small streams flowing by the side of the trail. But since I was alone, my main concern was to finish the hike safely (and I didn't have my cell phone either), so I hurried up. Finished it in about 2.5 hours if I remember.
Today, I went to the Rancho San Antonio in Cupertino with three others. This hike was scheduled to start at 9:00, so I had my doubts. But this time, I was there at 8:45. It was quite foggy and cold during the first half of the trail. After that, we were at the top of a hill and the sun was shining, so it was nice weather from then on. I guess it was a 6 mile hike, which we covered in 3 hours (one of the girls was a newbie, so we had to take it slow). Here are the pictures. After the hike, we went to a nice Gujarati restaurant Kikola's where we had a taste of authentic kadhi and shrikhand. Tomorrow again, I am going to hike at Fremont Older Space in Saratoga.
Anyway, despite the cold winter that Californians are not used to, outdoor activities continue here. I am really amazed about how active these people are. Rain or shine, they go hiking, biking, backpacking and many more things. As for me, I am trying to ingrain that culture in my lifestyle. Last week, there was a hike at Mount Diablo State Park in Walnut Creek (about 40 minutes drive from my home). I had planned to go there. Got up at 7:30 and had enough time to make to the hike which was scheduled to start at 11:30. Thinking so, I took it much too easily. I surfed the web for an hour, and then spent some time figuring out the route. I started in time at 10:00, but on my way I got lost. First I missed the exit to Walnut creek on I-680, then I took a wrong turn. Finally I was on the final street and in the right direction. But again I had trouble finding the place. Finally I reached there at 12:00. From the trailhead, I could see the group at some distance. I thought I could catch up with them if I walk fast. But then, I was not familiar with the trail, so I again took some wrong turns. After some time, I gave up trying to find the group and decided the do the hike on my own (fortunately I had the trail map). The place is really nice, with small streams flowing by the side of the trail. But since I was alone, my main concern was to finish the hike safely (and I didn't have my cell phone either), so I hurried up. Finished it in about 2.5 hours if I remember.
Today, I went to the Rancho San Antonio in Cupertino with three others. This hike was scheduled to start at 9:00, so I had my doubts. But this time, I was there at 8:45. It was quite foggy and cold during the first half of the trail. After that, we were at the top of a hill and the sun was shining, so it was nice weather from then on. I guess it was a 6 mile hike, which we covered in 3 hours (one of the girls was a newbie, so we had to take it slow). Here are the pictures. After the hike, we went to a nice Gujarati restaurant Kikola's where we had a taste of authentic kadhi and shrikhand. Tomorrow again, I am going to hike at Fremont Older Space in Saratoga.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home