Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hikes this weekend

This weekend I hiked at Almaden Quicksilver County Park (in south San Jose) and the third time at the Long Ridge Open Space Preserve. Both hikes were easy ones, so it was not that exhausting.

For the Almaden hike, I reached at the trail head in time at 10:00 AM, but to my disappointment, no one was there. I though that I probably came too early, and waited for some time. But then I started to doubt whether I was at the correct trailhead. Called my sister and asked her to check my email. Yes, I was at the wrong trailhead. The correct trailhead was just 5 minutes away, but by the time I reached there, I was already 20 minutes late. Anyway, I decided to walk briskly and catch up with the group. Also ran a bit, and was finally able to find the group. There were 9 of us I think, me, Laxmi, 3 Indian guys, 2 Chinese guys, one Chinese women, and an American (who, I later learned, was one of the founders of Dragon Systems, which makes speech recognition software). The hike was moderately easy, with frequent uphills and downhills. The Chinese lady was new to hiking, so we had to keep it short. Took us 4 hours, mileage I guess would be about 7.

For Sunday, Gautam had planned to hike at the Monte Bello Open Space Preserve. I missed there meeting at Starbucks, and decided to head straight to the trailhead. Gladly, I found the others there, but it was extremely cold and foggy, and raining a bit: not advisable for a hike. So we decided to head down on Skyline Boulevard and find a decent, not too long, hike. Long Ridge Open Space was the final choice, and we covered a small trail in about 2 hours. The group was Gautam, Mandar, Meghna, and another girl (don't know her name). Here are some pictures from that hike:


Gautam, (don't know her name), Meghna, and Mandar


-Mandar, +Rahul




A small cave-like structure (that can fit a mountain lion easily)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home