Friday, September 09, 2005

I don't like loud music

On the labor day weekend, I went to Lake Tahoe on CA-NV border with 5 others. We had rented a mini-van and overall it was a great trip. However, one thing that really annoys me on such trips is the loud music that people play in the car. First of all, these guys were playing songs from new hindi movies (and mainly from Bunty aur Bubli). As I have said before, I am not a great fan of songs from new hindi movies, because, frankly they suck. Its mediocre music and mediocre lyrics. On the top of that, the songs being played were so loud I couldn't hear anything that the guys in front or in the back were speaking. Its really annoying, but looks like others were comfortable. May be I'm exaggerating a bit, but this whole loud music affair gets on my nerves. Anyway, on the positive side, I did hear one nice song: Zara zara behekta hai from RHTDM. I like the slow music.

Overall, we had a lot of fun. We initially had an ambitious plan the included parasailing, hiking, rafting and a ride on a cruise. But since we were there only two days, including the driving time, we had to trim that a bit. Parasailing was dropped. For rafting, we had signed up for class 1 rapids, but later upgraded to class 3. That was really awesome. In the last class 3 rapid, out boat toppled completely and all 4 of us were in the water. It was a great experience, and I have been since thinking of learning to swim again. One thing I would have liked to do is rent bikes and just roam around South Tahoe city. May be next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home