I am extremely pissed off....
Here's something that has made me go crazy. I mean, what the hell is this?
I see that a part of my B.E. project is being published in some conference under the name of some person I don't know and I cannot do a thing? Well, here's the story. There exists one Mr. Rashmik Jivani who is a lecturer in some BVM Engineering College in Gujarat. His student did a B.E. project with Dr. Uday Kheder from IIT Bombay. The project was related to node listing based data flow analyis. I also did my B.E. project with Dr. Khedker and the research has been going on in steps through different B.E/B.Tech projects. So this student (name anonymous) dervied some heuristics and did some experiments regarding these node listings. He documented them in this B.E. project and submitted it to his internal project guide, our Mr. Jivani. The clever Mr. Jivani does 2 things: (1) he copies the report and submits it as his M.E. project report, and (2) writes a paper on the findings and publishes it in some conference.
What are all the students (about 8-10 of them) who have worked on this research to think? Dr Khedker even sent an email to the organizing committee of the conference, but with no reply. Something has to be done. Such plagiarism by academic people is not only unacceptable but also dampens the spirits of the victim students. I am not about to let this go. The conference is sponsored by the University of South Alabama, so I hope to get the attention of atleast some people who are conscious about these issues....
I see that a part of my B.E. project is being published in some conference under the name of some person I don't know and I cannot do a thing? Well, here's the story. There exists one Mr. Rashmik Jivani who is a lecturer in some BVM Engineering College in Gujarat. His student did a B.E. project with Dr. Uday Kheder from IIT Bombay. The project was related to node listing based data flow analyis. I also did my B.E. project with Dr. Khedker and the research has been going on in steps through different B.E/B.Tech projects. So this student (name anonymous) dervied some heuristics and did some experiments regarding these node listings. He documented them in this B.E. project and submitted it to his internal project guide, our Mr. Jivani. The clever Mr. Jivani does 2 things: (1) he copies the report and submits it as his M.E. project report, and (2) writes a paper on the findings and publishes it in some conference.
What are all the students (about 8-10 of them) who have worked on this research to think? Dr Khedker even sent an email to the organizing committee of the conference, but with no reply. Something has to be done. Such plagiarism by academic people is not only unacceptable but also dampens the spirits of the victim students. I am not about to let this go. The conference is sponsored by the University of South Alabama, so I hope to get the attention of atleast some people who are conscious about these issues....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home